Over the past year Friends of Europe has crowdsourced ideas, opinions, insights and experiences from policymakers, industry and civil society, to think deeply about the implications of the 4th Industrial Revolution. This work culminated in June, when we published a discussion paper on the policy choices of the digital age.
Digitalisation was also highlighted in our annual flagship event State of Europe, as we discussed the role of democracy in the digital era, artificial intelligence and the future of work, among others.
In case you have missed some of our work on these areas, have a look at our team’s top picks from the past year.
- Policy choices for a digital age: taking a whole economy, whole society approach
- Equipping Europe for the digital age
- The tax shortfall of the robots
- Beyond the robot scare, by László Andor
- Digital democracy could engage citizens in Europe, by Assya Kavrakova
- Estonia, the land of digital natives, by Kaja Kallas
- Has the internet made us less tolerant?
- How can you spot fake news?
- How can we avoid people being ‘left behind’ in the digital era?
IMAGE CREDIT: YevgenijDubinko/Bigstock