Arctic sea ice is under threat, super storms are on the rise, and air pollution is killing half a million people each year in the European Union.
To address these and other issues resulting from climate change, Friends of Europe has covered a variety of topics this year, ranging from the role of cities in the energy transition to deforestation and low-carbon economies. We also organised our annual Climate and Energy Summit and hosted the Brussels launch of the World Energy Outlook.
In case you want to learn more on our work on these areas, our team put together a list of suggestions for the end of the year.
- Cities – the new policy shapers in the energy transition
- Europe's Climate and Energy Summit – the promise and price of a clean energy future
- Deforestation – a sustainable dilemma
- Changing climate, shifting policies, by Bina Desai
- Making our planet great again: how the EU should navigate the new US climate landscape, by David Livingston and Erik Brattberg
- Time for the EU to act in the Arctic, by Ville Cantell
- Why do some people think climate change is a hoax?
- How can Europe convince Trump to take climate change seriously?
- Should cities try to go "car-free"?
IMAGE CREDIT: TierneyMJ/Bigstock